A multiparameter instrument that measures the most important parameters in drinking water: turbidity and chlorine.
Based on a state-of-the-art optical system which provides accurate results by minimizing stray light and color interferences.
Periodic calibration with the supplied standards compensates for any variations in intensity of the tungsten lamp.
The colorimeter portion of the meter uses a 525 nm narrow band interference filter for maintaining the proper wavelength in the measurement of free and total chlorine.
All measurements are performed with 25 mm round cuvettes composed of special optical glass to ensure maximum repeatability of turbidity and chlorine measurements.
HI93414-01: Turbidity and Chlorine Portable Meter
- Turbidity Range: 0.00 to 9.99; 10.0 to 99.9; 100 to 1000 NTU
- Turbidity Resolution: 0.01; 0.1; 1 NTU
- Turbidity Accuracy: ±2% of reading plus 0.02 NTU
- Turbidity Repeatability: ±1% of reading or 0.02 NTU, whichever is greater
- Turbidity Stray Light: < 0.02 NTU
- Turbidity Calibration: two, three, or four-point calibration
- Turbidity Measuring Method: ratio nephelometric method (90° & 180°)
- Turbidity Measuring Modes: normal, average, continuous
- Turbidity Light Source: tungsten filament lamp
- Turbidity Light Detector: silicon photocell
- Free Chlorine Range: 0.00 to 5.00 mg/L
- Free Chlorine Resolution: 0.01 mg/L from 0.00 to 3.50 mg/L; 0.10 above 3.50 mg/L
- Free Chlorine Accuracy: ±0.02 mg/L @ 1.00 mg/L
- Total Chlorine Range: 0.00 to 5.00 mg/L
- Total Chlorine Resolution: 0.01 mg/L from 0.00 to 3.50 mg/L; 0.10 above 3.50 mg/L
- Total Chlorine Accuracy: ±0.02 mg/L @ 1.00 mg/L
- Chlorine Method: Adaptation of the USEPA Method 330.5 and Standard Method 4500-Cl G. The reaction between chlorine and DPD reagent causes a pink tint in the sample.
- Logging Memory: 200 records
- Connectivity: USB or RS232
- Automatic Shut-Off: auto-off after 15 minutes of non-use
- Display: 40 x 70 mm graphic LCD (64 x 128 pixels) with backlight
- Battery Type: 4 (1.5V) AA alkaline batteries
- Power Supply: 4 (1.5V) AA alkaline batteries or AC adapter
- Environment: 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F), RH max 95% non-condensing
- Photometer/Colorimeter Light Source: Tungsten filament lamp
- Photometer/Colorimeter Light Detector: Silicon photocell with 525 nm narrow band interference filters